SoCalCycling.com Forum Index SoCalCycling.com
A Cycling Forum for Everyone that Loves to Ride a Bike!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Negative Racing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoCalCycling.com Forum Index -> Women's Racing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIKEDOM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Negative Racing Reply with quote

I am wondering about the very negative racing this year. Bridging up to a break to say "i can't work with you" or just sitting on the person or break. that is not racing! We have top level girls here. Get out there and race.
sinner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Womens racing in so cal has always been negative, this is nothing new. But over the past 3 yeas it has gotten alot worse. Maybe this is related to the number of crashes that we have had in the last few years (since we used to have none).

I find it funny of all people to bringing up negative racing that it be you since your wife's team are the queens of the negative racing.

I'm not saying that Helens is the only team racing this way. It just seems like more often then not they start the negative racing.

My solution to this is put everyone in a plain jersey and everyone race for themself.
Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am wondering about the very negative racing this year. Bridging up to a break to say "i can't work with you" or just sitting on the person or break. that is not racing! We have top level girls here. Get out there and race.

Who is doing that? Sometimes it takes a minute to recover after bridging up, before you can start working with the break.
BIKEDOM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife is alwasy attacking and never just sits on. There are other girls like that there also. The teams need to race!
The local racing is the exact opposite of the NRC racing. With the fields getting biger it is time for all the teams to race full out. It will make for much better racing. The quality level and fitness of the athletes will grow quickly. We all know there are way fewer crashes in hard fast races.
BikeBoy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread sorta reminds me of W-P/1/2 Crit States a few years back...
The two strongest riders in the field: A euro-pro and a former domestic pro (who, coincidentally, was riding for the team mentioned above) got off the front together in the first half of the race. The euro-pro was just drilling it, lap after lap as they put tons of time into the pack. It was clear that the race was going to be for 3rd. Or so it seemed.
Everybody present noticed that the only person working was the euro-pro...
So it was no surprise at about halfway through that euro-pro, we'll call her Amber, simply stopped pedaling and coasted off the course and back to her car. Obviously, enough was enough. It was a priceless moment.
Of course, the other gal simply reintegrated and won the race in a bunch sprint. But that's another story Wink

Point is, there are few things more beautiful in sport than watching a group of rival bike racers working together for a common goal. Wish we could see more of it locally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoCalCycling.com Forum Index -> Women's Racing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: