SoCalCycling.com Forum Index SoCalCycling.com
A Cycling Forum for Everyone that Loves to Ride a Bike!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoCalCycling.com Forum Index -> Women's Racing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Upgrade questions Reply with quote

Hi Smile

I'm TOTALLY new to racing, and just want to make sure that I'm keeping accurate records, etc.

I guess my question is in regard to the CBR El Dorado Twilight Series, specifically. Before I pay for the whole series and possibly the whole year, I wanted to make certain that these would count for experience toward upgrading. I asked the regional coordinator and he said that normally I should be racing with my "peers" in order for the races to count for upgrades. Have any other women raced El Dorado and used them toward their upgrade? I obviously have no control over how many women show up to race in our mixed group category (men 40+/women) but find it hard to believe that I shouldn't get credit if I'm out there racing with the boys. If there are guys using these same races toward their upgrades, shouldn't the same apply to the women?

Oh, and for clarification...Eldo isn't the only racing I plan to do this season. I'm coming from ultra-distance events and need to balance my continued training for those with my new racing obsession. I will be adding weekend races to my schedule later in the spring/early summer, but for now...ESPECIALLY with THREE KIDS, the Tuesday night series is extremely convenient for me. Smile

Thanks in advance for the help!

Brandy

Last edited by Brandy on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MacRoadie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what USCF/SCNCA's view is this month on CBR points. It changes constantly. Ostensibly, there is a reciprocity agreement between USCF and CBR, but that's usually applicable to your racing category. In other words, if you're a IV with CBR, USCF will make you a IV too (and vice-versa).

They're not quite so accommodating when it comes to upgrade points. I've heard quite a few people complain that the USCF questions alot of upgrade apps if you include too many CBR points. On the other hand, I know a couple of people who have upgraded their USCF license solely with Eldo points so go figure.

It seems the best way is to focus on one or the other (USCF or CBR), upgrade, then apply for reciprocity...
Brandy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mac.

CBR races are typically closer to home for me, so they are appealing. Smile I really have no business even thinking about upgrading in the near future, but it's nice to know that focusing on one or the other might be a good idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoCalCycling.com Forum Index -> Women's Racing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: