SoCalCycling.com Forum Index SoCalCycling.com
A Cycling Forum for Everyone that Loves to Ride a Bike!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ebay shipping prices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoCalCycling.com Forum Index -> Non Cycling Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justabike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Ebay shipping prices Reply with quote

Does anyone know why the ebay shipping cost vary so much even when ths shipping is coming from the same area. For example, San francisco to Los angeles $5. but another one charges $8. And the item is the same. Let's say a shirt.
sdbc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay shipping prices Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anyone know why the ebay shipping cost vary so much even when ths shipping is coming from the same area. For example, San francisco to Los angeles $5. but another one charges $8. And the item is the same. Let's say a shirt.

It is not EBay's doing.......
It is the individual seller. Some will ship for actual costs. Some will use shipping as an xtra profit center! I have seen many items selling very cheap at a few bucks BUT then they want $20 to ship something you can send for $3.95!

EBay charges a percentage of the final selling price. Shipping is NOT included in that. So...... some will take advantage and try to rip you on shipping.
Racermech

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that all the time, I know a guy who got an engine mount for $1, but shipping was like $120 or something stupid.

In the end it was still a good deal.

Personally I charge what it will cost, today I lost $4 on shipping because I charged too little.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoCalCycling.com Forum Index -> Non Cycling Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: