SoCalCycling.com Forum Index SoCalCycling.com
A Cycling Forum for Everyone that Loves to Ride a Bike!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Never before seen' 9/11 video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoCalCycling.com Forum Index -> Non Cycling Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalCycling

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: 'Never before seen' 9/11 video Reply with quote

A 30 minute video of never before seen video has been released of the attack on the WTC on 9/11 as it unfolds. It was shot 500 yards away from the North Tower and 36 floors up from someone apartment. This really brought back the emotions of that day. Sad

http://media.revver.com/broadcast/59686/video.mov
Racermech

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhh thankgod this was not the "loose change" video that is posted all over the place!
SoCalCycling

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the Loose Change video?

I thought I was desensitized to the coverage, but listening to the lady filming as the Tower fell got to me. Crying or Very sad

I went to NYC with my teammate in '92 while we were racing on the East Coast. We took the subway from Jersey into NYC and came out at the WTC. It is amazing how tall it was in person. It is devastating when you see the towers collapse with the lives that were lost and devastation that incurred to the City and people.

Did anyone catch the ABC movie, I think it was called The Path to 9/11. It seems like 9/11 could have been avoided.
Racermech

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5946593973848835726&q=loose+change

Good way to waste an hour.

I was there in 03 and 04 for the NYC crit. 03 was my first time there and I was amazed at ground zero, how deep the hole was, and how tall they must of been. 04 was totally different, they had really cleaned up the site, put up a real fence.....etc. I allmost took a bit away from it.

Still amazing to see first hand!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoCalCycling.com Forum Index -> Non Cycling Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: