SoCalCycling.com Forum Index SoCalCycling.com
A Cycling Forum for Everyone that Loves to Ride a Bike!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SLO WEEKEND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoCalCycling.com Forum Index -> Women's Racing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmbcyclist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: SLO WEEKEND Reply with quote

I know gas prices are high, but what a shame more socal ladies didn't trek up for a fantastic weekend. you had a RR on Saturday with a phenomnial crit on Sunday.

The prize purse was EQUAL, the crowds were BIGGER For the Elite women than the Elite men. They had call ups like an NRC race, the community is Awesome. 20th place got $40.00! So you would have made your entry back at a minimum.

the racing was fast and aggressive, there were NO crashes in the women's events.

Just like to hear why some didn't go? I hope more support this race next year. The community and the promoters are very excited to have a premier event including featuring the women, but we need to show.

I know there was a "Double points" event (no cash for women in series) and of course Ontario, but we have 5 Ontarios during the year so it is a shame folks didn't come up. If socal points are your poison, well Sisquoc was a 2.0 and SLO negated the points for Ontario as it was a 1.0 as well.

Great to see those who did come up! To answer that other thread of Norcal versus Socal, the socal ladies swept the podiums BOTH days!!

Congrats to the great racers of SOCAL!

See you next weekend!
dbloseven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is really too bad is that there were 5 races for women in the SCNCA area on the exact same weekend. The women's fields were diluted at all 4 crits & the RR.

Julia
bmbcyclist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.
chickflick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are so many races allowed to be on one weekend or same dates?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoCalCycling.com Forum Index -> Women's Racing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: