SoCalCycling.com Forum Index SoCalCycling.com
A Cycling Forum for Everyone that Loves to Ride a Bike!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volunteers needed for Nationals Road Bike Race in OC, CA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoCalCycling.com Forum Index -> Women's Racing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iankeith1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Volunteers needed for Nationals Road Bike Race in OC, CA Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

The USA Cycling Elite, U23 and JR Road National Championships are going to be in Orange County, CA August 5th - 10th and I am in charge of all volunteers for this amazing event. I am figuring that we are going to need about 300 volunteers through the 6 day event. Yes... that's right... 300 volunteers!! I am looking for 15 people (2 to 3 for each day) to be in charge of organizing the volunteers for each day of the event. We need people for a wide variety of tasks, not just course marshalls! We are going to need 30 people just to set up the Crit course Wednesday night (6pm-11pm)!

Please let me know if you would like to be one of the 15 or if you don't want to make that big of a commitment, then you can volunteer on one or more of the days. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I would like to plan a meeting with the 15 head volunteers to go over what is needed
for the day. So please let me know ASAP.

Here's a brief description for the week:
Tues Aug 5th - Rider Registration
Wed Aug 6th - TT in Santiago Canyon
Thur Aug 7th - Crit @ Anaheim Stadium (still need 2 or 3 lead volunteers)
Fri Aug 8th - Junior Road Race in Irvine
Sat Aug 9th - Women's Road Race in Irvine
Sun Aug 10th - Men's Road Race in Irvine (still need 2 or 3 lead volunteers)

We are also looking for title and corporate sponsors so if you or someone you know would be interested in having your company name all over the place, please let me know. There is also space available for vendors to set up a booth during the Criterium that's going to be held Thursday at the Anaheim Stadium! : )

Thanks!!

Ian Keith
iankeith1@yahoo.com
949-716-6107 home
949-632-3059 cell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoCalCycling.com Forum Index -> Women's Racing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: